ABOUT MABEL WHITE BAPTIST CHURCH
In 1900, a group of members of the old Waverly Baptist Church on Hanson Street bought a lot for the site of a new church. Ground was jointly broken by Waverly Baptist and their sponsor, First Baptist Church of Macon, Georgia (pastored by Mr. Jacob L. White).
However, before church construction could be completed, Dr. and Mrs. White suffered the tremendous loss of their twelve-year old daughter, Sara Mabel White. She died on December 24, 1902, from complications of an appendectomy.
Prior to her death, Mabel White had already committed her life to missions.
In honor of her legacy, the new location was officially re-named Mabel White Memorial Baptist Church.
The inaugural building remained in its original location on the corner of
Second Street and Piedmont Avenue from 1906 until construction of a new facility in 1942. A large new worship center with Sunday School space,
kitchen, and fellowship hall was built in 1958.
In June,1999, Mabel White Memorial Baptist Church relocated to its
present home at 1415 Bass Road.
Mabel White Baptist Church exists to
build lives that glorify God.
We do that by:
• Bringing people in
• Building them up
• Sending them out